Although all of those are true, there are still clients who eventually want to move to another web hosting provider. One of which is iPage. The problem that could be attributed to this transfer is mostly the downtimes that FatCow members experience. These occur for long hours and on a weekly basis.
As a web developer, it is undeniable that downtimes could really post a negative feedback on your page especially because there are lots of other websites that a guest could actually hop over once one page does not satisfy him/her. In an online competition, you may just have minutes to show off and impress your visitors or else, they will find another site that will work well with them. This means that you cannot afford to have downtimes as these may be the times that some of your guests would come in to your site and might get the impression that your page is not reliable.
- Make up your mind only after you have fully evaluated the possible advantages and disadvantages of the transfer that you are about to make.
- If you are ready, you may start with transferring your domain name from your old provider, which in this case is FatCow, to the new one, which is iPage. It is greatly advised that you do the transferring of the domain name alone instead of the entire site and all its site contents as this may be easier and less complicated than the latter.
- Register with iPage for it to be your new web hosting provider.
- Unlock the domain name you registered with FatCow.
- Acquire your Transfer Authorization Code from your previous web hosting provider.
- Login to your new iPage account. Go to the control panel and open “DomainCentral”.
- Key in your domain name and click on “Add Existing Domain” then next, hit the “Add” button.
- Locate and choose the domain name that you entered and expand it to show the domain settings dialog.
- It will require you to type in the Transfer Authorization Code. Key that in and click on “Transfer”.
- Go to your email address and look for the email notification. Go through it to completely verify that you are eligible of the transfer.
- Lastly, lock your domain name on your new provider to keep it safe.
- To learn further, here is a link to an online tutorial to get you acquainted with the steps: http://www.ipage.com/support/tutorials/view_tutorial.bml?kbid=6093.