BlueHost is one of the many web hosting providers available in the net that is famous for its great features and high quality building tools made especially easy for beginning developers. With its years of existence, it has been able to achieve great reviews from its clients.
It may be bugling to realize that there are developers who want to transfer their websites from BlueHost to iPage. This may be because BlueHost has set of plans that are a little bit expensive as compared to the latter.
Transferring from one web hosting provider to another is happening every now and then in the web. This may be credited to the fact that people continuously want to find an environment that is best for their sites. There are people who also want to transfer from BlueHost to iPage. Wherever you would want to transfer to, you should take note of these few good guidelines:
- Think of the advantages and disadvantages of the transfer that you are planning on. Learn to weigh which would give you the most joy. If you are really decided to move, then go for it. After all, it is better to experiment than not to try at all and sacrifice what you could have had for your website.
- It is advised to do a transfer that will only involve moving your domain name instead of transferring your entire site. Doing this would have you do simple reconfiguration online and may not even need much of a technical knowledge to do the process. This is in contrast to transferring your entire site including all your files and database. Doing this would involve much complicated steps.
There are few things that you should take note if you are planning to transfer your domain. You should be keen enough in observing these things as these may be very helpful in getting you acquainted with the transfer:
- All information on the site will be kept as is at the moment of the transfer. This means that there can be no manipulations while the transfer process is progressing.
- You may end up losing the year that you have paid for, if you are going to perform the transfer during the “waiting period”. This period is basically 60 days for the new domains and 45 days for the renewed ones.
- The transfer would normally apply only to the domains with the extensions: .biz, .com, .info, .net, .org, and .us.
- Depending on the hosting sites involved, the transfer may be completed at a span of more or less than 10 days.
- In transferring domain names, you will only be moving your domain to a new location. Your database will stay, as well as the locations of your files and other data.
Register first with iPage so that you will have an account and be ready to get through the transfer. After which, follow these steps in transferring domains:
- Unlock your BlueHost domain name
- Get the Transfer Authorization Code
- Go to your new iPage account
- Key in your domain and hit on “Add Existing Domain” and then choose “Add”.
- Select your newly added domain name and permit opening of the domain setting dialog.
- Key in your Transfer Authorization Code and click on “Transfer”.
- On the email address that you have registered with iPage, you will receive a confirmation mail to verify the change that you would want to perform. Go through it.
- Lock your domain with your new web hosting provider.
- For detailed steps, you can log on to this iPage tutorial: http://www.ipage.com/support/tutorials/view_tutorial.bml?kbid=6093.