This is strategic since having this on your page would invite involvement of site guests and members as they become a part of the site’s content through their comments and insights. This will make them more interested in the page and its contents as they would feel that they are a part of it and that they have the chance to give their thoughts about certain issues. They will also likely be more interested to revisit the site because of this.
This will enable forums within your site which means that you may be able to collect opinions and thoughts coming from your viewers. It is always a good thing to include people on your site as it may add to its readability. By readability, it means that people will be more interested in checking your site’s latest contents. This can subsequently increase your site’s traffic.
- The body_color code– this is located on the profile page and allows control over the profile title’s text color
- Control_color with the buttontextcolor.png file– manages the button text color.
- Link_color and the pagebackground.png file– can adjust the color of the page link
- Postbit_color– allows change on the color of the text content.
- Blockhead_color and the moduletestcolor.png file– direct the module text color.
- Control_background and buttonbackground.png file– control the background of the button.
Control the entry of new site members– spammers would eventually come registering to your site to be able to spread their works. You should be very keen in observing them. You will also be able to recognize them as they try spreading their spam on your site.
Include email verification in the registration process of your site– this can be done through a CAPTCHA or an email verification that will be sent to the email address typed in by the enrollee. This will enable filtering of automated registrations.
Constantly update your registration questions– change the questions used for your registration every once in a while to avoid registrations that are set automatically to provide information.
Forum management– this may be via site administrators. This will allow management of forum contents.
Use version 3.7 of vBulletin or higher– this enables automatic filtering of spams.
Use anti-spam– this includes the services offered by Akismet and Typepad on your vBulletin pages.