Domains are bought and registered through domain registrars. They serve to be the managers of domains. Signing up with iPage would give you one free domain that will be good for one year. You can also choose to maintain more than one domain. Among these domains, you can set one that will hold your website’s name while the others would serve as sub domains. It is advised that you furnish your sub domains until you will be able to fully decide which of them would best represent as your main site.
Since domain name represents the address that will be used to locate your page, it is also best that you choose a name that will be appealing to people. It should also be something that can easily be remembered. You can use domain names that would best give people an idea of its contents. Doing this would enable them to memorize them more and will give you an upper hand especially when it comes to online competition.
- This domain is given free for one whole year. After which, you will have to pay for it if you would want to renew it.
- Even if you are only entitled to one free domain that will be good for one year, you can still choose to have other additional domains all at the same time, but you will need to pay for it.
This would be on the same rate as that of the regular domains. The cost of the domain also differs. This depends on the TLD or the Top-Level Domain that you want to use.
The commonly used TLD is the .com. It is on a regular price of $14.99 per year. The .net is the cheapest which is at only $9.99 per year. For a list of the other TLDs and their corresponding prices, you can check it on the official site of iPage. You can also use this link to check on their rates: http://www.ipage.com/product/domainRegistration.bml
- Domain renewal is done through the DomainCentral. This is a domain manager feature that is utilized by iPage. This enables you to manage all your domains including those that are not registered with iPage. It would also give you an idea on the status of each of your domains. Here you can see which one is near its expiry date.
- Through DomainCentral, you can also choose to transfer your domain to another provider. You will need to follow through the steps in order to do this.
- The steps in transferring your domain would involve: unlocking your domain name from its previous provider, then obtaining a Transfer authorization Code. These steps are all done on DomainCentral.