Like many other web hosting providers iPage also receive a fair share of complaints. Pros and cons are a tricky thing to look at because you really need to get the facts before you get around to making a decision. Let’s get the facts and details about iPage first and then you can decide whether it will benefit you.
iPage caters to a wide range of users and web hosting owners this is why they offer many different hosting plans to provide user-specific needs. Let’s have a look at the inclusions in a basic iPage hosting package:
- An unlimited Storage Space
- An unlimited email address and bandwidth
- An unlimited MySQL Databases
- Free Domain registration
- Free Security suite (Exclusive)
- Free Site building tools
- Free Online store
- Free Search engine
- Free Marketing credits
- A 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
iPage webhosting service is currently on sale at $1.99 per month for the first three months. You can also get add-on features to your hosting such as the Domain Privacy, Automatic site backup and recovery, Directory listing and the Premium SSL certificates.
- Upgrade Options – This is usually a problem for advanced users. Since iPage hosting services are mostly for small businesses and new comers to web hosting, upgrade options are somewhat limited.
- Speed and Downtime – There are some complaints received on downtime and speed. Slow loading of web page in some cases can be attributed internet connection and the image size and if the web browser used is in the newest version.
- No SSH Access – iPage hosting packages includes basic functions needed to get your website online except for SSH Access. Secure Shell or SSH is a network protocol that’s cryptographic which is used for securing data communication. Some web hosting owners prefer to have SSH which they can still get with other hosting providers in packages costing $10 per month to be added.